During the winter, I love cosy nights. I love cosy nights in anyway, but its always something much more satisfying when it is cold and dark outside. Its important like any time of year that you take time to look after yourself and show yourself some love.
I thought that I would share some of the things I usually I do and have when I have a cosy night in and other ways to show self-care. Its important to remember yourself, people get so busy with the day-to-day tasks or looking after others. So sometimes its easy to forget to put yourself first. Can you remember the last thing you did that was just for you?
Things I like to have/do for a cosy night in
- Pjs – Putting on clean pjs, for me is instantly relaxing. Pjs and dressing gown are like my most favourite pieces of clothing (haha!)
- Light candles – I buy a lot of candles, way more than I actually need. But they smell so gooooood! Lighting candles, with the lights off creates such a relaxing and calming room.
- A good movie/boxset – Snuggled under a blanket, or my duvet and then put on a feel good film or feel good boxset.
- Hot drink and naughty treats – A nice cup of tea, chocolate or popcorn, always taste better when you are snuggled up.
- Bath or shower – When I want a relaxing evening, I always run a hot bath and put bath bombs, bubble bath or crystals in. I am currently using a Zoella gingerbread bubble bath from her range last year. Which smells incredible and so Christmassy.
When I have had a long busy day or suffering badly from my anxiety, its always important to unwind and relax. When my anxiety is bad, it focuses my mind on something else rather than worrying.
Self-care is important and doing small things can make you feel better. Even if you don’t suffer from mental illness it is still just as important to look after yourself.
Other ways to show yourself some self-care:
- Take a walk
- Wash your hair
- Listen to some music
- Do some colouring or write in a diary/journal
- Treat yourself
- Take a nap
- Do a face mask/paint your nails/moisturise
- Read a book
- Declutter a room or a place
- Go to bed early or sleep in
These are just a few of the ideas that I can think of, there are plenty more things you can do. I would like to hear what you have/do on your cosy nights in and also what you do to show yourself some self-care. So leave a message in the comments so I can read them.
Always remember to take some time for you!
Lauren x x