Its been a minute since I have posted my last blog post, I was struck down with the dreaded flu and then on top of that I got a throat infection. My bed was my best friend for a week. But I am back, sniffly and tired but I am back.
So this coming Sunday, it is my birthday, I am going to be 27, I can’t quite believe I am going to be 27, where does the time go? Also, I do not feel adult enough to be 27 haha. I thought that as my birthday is this week, I would write a post about some of the things I have learned over the past 26 years. Some life lessons and some very random.
1. My mum is the most strongest woman I know.
2. The numbers on the side of the toaster is the minutes you toast it for, not the degree of “toastyness” haha!
3. It is okay to cute toxic/negative people out of your life. You should be surrounded with positive and supportive people.
4. That asking for help is NOT a sign of failure.
5. Showing yourself love and care is so important.
6. The blogging community is so positive and so supportive and I am so glad I decided to start my blog.
7. Writing helps me clear my head and helps with my anxiety.
8. Saying nothing sometimes says everything.
9. Bullet journals are awesome.
10. Your mental health is just as important as physical health.
11. Everyones’ lives’ are not as perfect as they appear on social media.
12. I must always make time to be off social media, it is important to take a break.
13. To have a happy and healthy relationship, you must be happy and content with yourself.
14. That in McDonalds (serious I know) that the sauce pots, you are supposed to pull apart each section to open them up to dip your food in. I know!? My mind was blown haha.
15. That however bad my anxiety gets, I always push through and it is okay.
16. That I get very emotionally invested in TV shows.
17. I cry way too much at everything haha.
18. That in the film Madagascar when they “Sugar Honey Ice Tea” stands for the word S**T. Which seems obvious when it is written down. My little sister told me, I didn’t even catch on haha.
19. Never plan to have an early night because most of the time it will not happen.
20. Not everyone in life is going to like me and thats okay – I use to be such a people pleaser, but learning that its okay to say no.
21. That I am quite good at doubting myself and that is something I am working on this year. Trying to build confidence in knowing my abilities.
22. That I get excited and buy far too much stationery. Even when I was younger I used to get so excited at the start of the school year, buying a new pencil case and pens.
23. That time flies by so fast.
24. That school life was so much easier. If you are reading this and are still in school, sixth form or college, enjoy it! Yes, there is exams or homework, but thats much easier than dealing with bills, savings, pensions, a mortgage etc.
25. Quantity of time does not reflect someones intentions for you. I learned that in one of the most worrying and scary times of my life so far. Sometimes the people who want the best for you, you have known the least amount of time.
26. Just be you – Be your true self, wear what you want too, eat what you want too, study/work in the job you want too and love who you want too. I was always worried about what others would think, but I have learned that it is my life and I have to do what makes me happy.
I am interested in what are some of the life lessons you have learned over the years, or random things you now know. Look out for more birthday related posts over the next week.