Keeping up with social media can be hard and time consuming, especially if like me you are trying to keep up with numerous platforms. I have been using Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to promote my blog and connect with other bloggers since I first started posting. When using these apps for a while, you find what works well and what doesn’t. I am going to share with you some tips I find useful to make my social media posts as effective as they can be.
This is where I first started sharing my blog and connecting with other bloggers. It can be such a great tool to promote your blog. Some tips I have found work well for Twitter are:
- Engage in as many follow/comment threads as you can. It helps to broaden your audience, read other blogs and increase blog traffic.
- Have your blog linked in your Twitter bio. This helps other bloggers and brands access your blog easily in case of having to search for it.
- Share your blog post links to your feed, this allows your followers to keep up-to-date with your blog content. Ensuring in the posts you hashtag RT accounts to help with promotion.
I am sure I am not the only one who gets so frustrated with this platform. I find this platform the hardest to build and increase engagement. Some tips I have found work well for Instagram are:
- Get involved with Instagram pods where you can share your latest posts and all bloggers can like and comment on one another posts to help boost engagement.
- Make sure you have your blog linked in your bio, again this helps with followers to find your blog content and for brands to access.
- When positing photographs, you should hashtag bloggershare and other relevant hashtags to ensure you reach a wider audience and increase your engagement.
I am not an expert on this platform at all. I am constantly learning and this is so much I need to know about this app. However, what I have noticed works for utilising my platform for my blog is:
- Being active on the app consistently is key to keep your monthly views high.
- Link each of your blog posts to your Pinterest profile to help increase your blog traffic.
- Get involved in Pinterest groups with other bloggers where you can pin your latest posts to reach other bloggers. I am involved in about 4 and they work so well.
These are a few tips I find useful in utilising these platforms with my blog traffic and engaging with other bloggers.
What social media tips do you think are helpful? What is your favourite social media platform to connect and share your content? I’d love to hear in the comments.