It is near to the start of a new year and what better timing to start working on your mental health and your mindset. With the last year taking a real toll on everyones’ mental health, 2021 is the best time to now work on ourselves and repair some of the damage.
Journalling is a powerful habit that can improve your mental health. Journalling positive affirmations at the start of your day can dramatically change your mood for the rest of the day and can help you be more productive and organised. Consistently practising affirmations can boost your self esteem which can build up your audience. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health and is something you should be prioritising especially with everything that is happening.
What are affirmations and self esteem?
Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat them often and you believe them, you can make positive changes. It will also help the effects of stress. Your self esteem is your confidence in your own worth or abilities. Your self esteem is affected by your self worth and your mental health.
So many of us are so negative towards ourselves, pointing out our flaws and what we wish was better. However how many times do you talk or think positively about yourself? We are also guilty of always looking towards negativity. Using positive affirmations will help you alter your mindset and start to see positive changes in how you feel and talk about yourself and your life.
Journalling is a practise that you can use daily affirmations and writing things down is proven to retained better and serves as a great reminder. Here is a list of 30 positive affirmations that will boost your self esteem.
- I love myself
- I am worthy of success
- I am supported in all I do in my life
- I have the power to create the life I want
- I believe in myselfPhoto by Jessica Delp on Unsplash
- I am enough
- I respect myself and others appreciate me
- I am doing a great job
- I am worthy of compliments I receive
- Everything is possible for me
- There is nothing I need to change about myself to be accepted and loved
- I am deeply grateful for my body, my health and my unique talents
- My life is a miracle and I belong here
- I deserve everything good that comes to me
- I like who I am and who I am becomingPhoto by Steph Cruz on Unsplash
- I have much self worth and inner beauty
- I will have a good day
- I am compassionate to others and myself
- There may be challenges to overcome but I am strong enough to do so
- I am stronger than I seem
- I appreciate all that I have
- I can accept compliments easily
- I am my best source of motivation
- I know I am needed for this world
- I already have everything I need
- I am worthy of love
- I am worthy of happiness
- I love myself more and more each day
- I am complete
- I am smart and able
Do you use positive affirmations? I’d love to hear in the comments.