Something I am so excited for is to start daily journaling again in 2023. I haven’t journaled consistently for a long time and I am looking forward to having it as part of my daily routine.
Journaling not only has positive physical and mental health benefits, but for me I enjoy creative journaling as part of my self care, it brings me so much joy. I also use stickers and washi tape to design beautiful pages to journal on makes me so happy.
I always find the end of a year and start of a new year, a great time to journal. You are able to reflect on the previous year as well as to learn what you can take forward and what you wish to leave behind. Also, at the start of a new year, answering journal prompts and journaling can give you a sense of direction and clarity. When I journal I not only gain focus and but also explore more on what I want from this new year.
If you are wondering about your intentions and direction for a new year I cannot recommend journaling enough.
Here are 40 journaling prompts for the start of a new year?
Photo by Prophsee Journals on Unsplash
- Write down one word to describe your 2022
- What was your biggest challenge of 2022?
- What are 3 lessons 2022 taught you?
- What were your big wins this year?
- What were your small wins this year?
- What do you need to shed or leave behind from this past year?
- Who were the most important people in your life this past year?
- What are your health goals for this upcoming year?
- What financial practices will you start (or continue) in the new year?
- What are your overall finance goals for this coming year?
- What are your personal goals or intentions for this coming year?
- What is one small thing you are manifesting for this new year?
- I allow myself to grieve the fact that I….
- I allow myself to celebrate the fact that I….
- 4 beautiful moments that stand out to me from 2022 are….
- 5 goals I would like to achieve in 2023 are….
- 3 things I’d like to open my heart to in 2023….
- What’s your word for 2023 & what would you like it to bring you?
- A new experience I want to have is….
- Something I want to change or improve this year is….
- What do I want to do less of in 2023?
- Something new I want to learn to do this year is….
- One small thing I’ll do everyday to be my best self is….
- What do I want more of in this upcoming year?
- The kind of people I want to attract have the following qualities….
- What does my ideal day look like?
- How can I make my life easier?
- What does my dream life look like?
- My empowering mantra for the next year will be….
- What kind of person do I want to be?
- What strategy can I start to be productive everyday?
- How can I put myself first in 2023?
- Things I am grateful for in 2022….
- What things do you want to work on in 2023?
- What are you looking forward to in 2023?
- What is one work focus you want to achieve?
- How do you want to be more present in 2023?
- How do you feel about going into a new year?
- How do you want to be more mindful in 2023?
- What ways are you going to show up for yourself in 2023?
There are so many benefits of journaling some include: reduction in stress and anxiety, improves your memory, track your progress and growth, gain self confidence and so much more.
Journaling is a practise of self-care that fits so well into a daily routine. Journaling will be more prevalent in my daily life and routine. Whilst also getting creative with my washi tape and stickers, which always bring me joy.
My Journaling Supplies
For 2023 I am going to start the year off using my new Dingbats* Earth notebook, which is A5 with dot grid pages. In addition, I have brought the clear journal cover from Archer & Olive to keep the journal clean and protected. I will be using a range of washi tape and stickers that will be linked on my Instagram as well as using my Dingbats* fineliner pens. So, I am really excited to start journaling again!
Do you like to journal? Will you be journaling in 2023? I’d love to hear in the comments.