Journalling is a big tool for improving mental health. Journalling is a way you can speak kinder to yourself. The practise of journalling can better your self esteem, improves you mood, depression and anxiety.
Using journal prompts aimed at building up your self love and confidence. You can use one prompt a day to help you write everyday or just on days that you want for guided journalling. Having a self care routine is important in taking care and nourishing your mind body and soul. Writing in a journal has been proving to be an effective form of self care and should be added to your self care routine.
I have been keeping journals and diaries since I was a young child, I loved writing down my thoughts and expressing myself. I have read back through some of them and reflecting on how I have grown and they bring back fond memories. I have found using journal prompts in my journalling routine are really helpful at exploring topics I wouldn’t usually, being able to discover new thoughts and feelings can be very enlightening.
What is self love?
Self love is defined as love of self or a regard for one’s advantage or happiness. Self love means having a high regard for your own wellbeing. Taking care of your needs and not sacrificing your wellbeing to please others.
What is journalling?
Journalling involved the practise of keeping a diary or a journal. It is where you can write down and explore your thoughts and feelings so that you can understand them more clearly. If you struggle with stress, anxiety and depression keeping a journal is a great tool. Journalling can help you gain control of your emotions and improve your mental health. All you need is a notebook and a pen.
Here are 25 journal prompts to help you boost your self love and mental health:
1. Write 10 positive affirmations?
2. What are 4 things you have done that make you proud?
3. What are 3 good habits you want to start next month?
4. What is one goal you want to achieve this year?
5. What are 10 things that make you the happiest?
6. Write 10 things you want to remember when times are difficult
7. List 5 good qualities you have
8. Write a list of what you are grateful for
9. Describe yourself in 10 words
10. I forgive myself for….
11. What do you want for your future?
12. What are 3 toxic habits you want to quit?
13. What is one thing you have always wanted to do?
14. List 5 positive traits you have
15. Write one positive thing that happened today
16. List 25 things that make you smile
17. Who is one of your idols and why?
18. What would make your teenage self proud of you now?
19. How do you feel right now?
20. What are 3 things that make you angry and why?
21. Describe an outfit that makes you feel comfortable and confident
22. What do you fear the most? Why? Is it a rational fear?
23. What is something you need to forgive yourself for?
24. What makes you feel loved and cared for?
25. What is 5 things you are really good at?